Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    FSaldana
    Participant

I guess it’s just kind of scary to think that I’m way down here in Texas using a software program on which my whole business’ life is dependent (I don’t even want to think about what I would do if I had a problem with the software) and that if I had a big problem there would be no one to call about it.

HMah
    Participant

FSaldana:

You would have the same problem with any other software program, being dependent upon the company for support and updates.

The performance record of QW (for support and payroll updates) is much better than other company I have delt with.

I have over 50 clients using NV1 and they stay with the program because of it’s flexibility, ease of use and because of the support they receive (from me and QW).

Accept for payroll, you could continue using NV1 even if QW dissappeared. Just make sure your backups are good and you have several copies (on and off site).

DEholnikof
    Participant

Hi Frank,

Hmm it’s a real possibility, but perhaps you should consider how often in the past did you need help with your NewViews program. Most users go for years without any “maintenance” And even if QW Page closed, there are still several / many CC who could continue to help you.

It may be also possible that you would be a good candidate for some of the newer products we have under development. The multi-user NV1, will export a complete set of books suitably for import to Access, SQL Server, or Oracle. Comparatively speaking such a move / migration is not cheap, and not easy. Other than for smaller companies – it is much easier and cost effective than beginning with a completely new accounting system.

Regards
    David

BHalpin
    Participant

>Author: DEholnikof (HSE-Montreal-ppp3465488.sympatico.ca)
    >Date: 04-21-04 10:37

>It is a bit “dis heartening” to see that the good folks at QW Page – do not / >did not give any answers AND are taking so long to reply to such simple >questions.

>Could It be that they do not read the forums as often as they should ?

1. We’re busy. We don’t have time to talk. A finished product is all we care about.

2. This (NV1) forum is here for users to discuss NV1 in, with hopefully helpfull input from resellers or more experienced users.

3. This (NV1) forum is not here for resellers to speculate about our financial stability, or to peddle their competitive wares.

4. We may look in from time to time, but this forum is not ‘moderated’, censored, edited, whatever. Judging by some of the attitutes and posts we see from time to time, perhaps it should be.

Bob Halpin

DEholnikof
    Participant

Hmm, – I still stand by this statement !
    >Could It be that they do not read the forums as often as they should ?

1 – No one doubts you’re busy – and the importance of completing the NV2 project.

2 – Given that very few know about this forum, it is starting to pickup. AND the “Experienced Users & CC, Etc) do provide most of the answers. BUT some of the questions can only be answered directly by QW Page – the rest of us can only speculate . . . .

3 – I agree competitive wares should not be peddled here. FYI – I thought long and hard when creating new products and the questions of “Competing or Enhancing” for the methodology / design structures.

ALL my products Enhance and Require NV1 to work. NONE of my products work without NV1 nor replace NV1. Even the pseudo multi-user requires NV1, Or it Does Not Work, Period ! So I know, you can not be speaking about any of my products, for the “competitive wares”

4 – Attitudes? Censor? NV1 is a Great Product !!!!!! Bar None !!! BUT communications with the Channel Partners has never been QW Pages strong point. Perhaps killing the messenger when talking about the Emperors new clothes, is a solution to consider? When Teaching / Supervising – I have always tried to impress “Bring the problems, but take time to bring some solutions, too”

IF YOU Do not have the time to moderate, etc – then why not follow my past suggestions of appointing a “Forum Moderator” who QW Page will give direct access for various questions. then nominate / give considerations to Henry – he is an excellent choice – knowledgeable, well tempered, and a good writer

The purpose of the forum should be to express real concerns And/Or finding solutions to problems. – it should not be for “bashing” anyone including QW Page – enough said !

Sincerely Yours
    David

BHalpin wrote:
    > 1. We’re busy. We don’t have time to talk. A finished product is all we care about.
    > 2. This (NV1) forum is here for users to discuss NV1 in, with hopefully helpfull input from resellers or more experienced users.
    > 3. This (NV1) forum is not here for resellers to speculate about our financial stability, or to peddle their competitive wares.
    > 4. We may look in from time to time, but this forum is not ‘moderated’, censored, edited, whatever. Judging by some of the attitutes and posts we see from time to time, perhaps it should be.

Post Edited (07-10-04 11:16)

RJohnson
    Participant

>We may look in from time to time, but this forum is not ‘moderated’, censored, edited, whatever. Judging by some of the attitutes and >posts we see from time to time, perhaps it should be.

Brrrrrrrrr! David, if you (and now probably I) should suddenly disappear from this forum, we’ll understand.

Seriously, perhaps we have been bitching too much and the folks at QW Page are too absorbed in NV2 to read between the lines and notice that we all love their product or we’d not be posting here. In my case, I think it’s a case of disappointment that such a great program has never fully lived up to its potential. In 1985 (I think it was) NV was named one of PC Magazine’s Products of the Year. Since then, 8 or 10 versions of Windows have come and gone. NV Journal, a noble effort, is no more. Deadline after deadline has passed without a new version. Yet NV1 still beats most of the accounting software on today’s market. I know it’s the oldest, most stable and most used program on my computer. I wish I had a dollar for every hour I’ve spent staring at its blue screen. I take my hat off to its creators and wish those working on NV2, in the words of a Spanish toast, “salud, pesetas y tiempo para gastarlas.”

Please excuse the levity. It’s Saturday night and I may have raised my own glass too many times.

RR Johnson

GKolia
    Participant

Hello, Where did everybody go?
    There has been no movement on this forum for a long time.
    Are you all holding you breath for NV2 or are you all busy with NV2.

DEholnikof
    Participant

After 2 weeks of being in Scaramento, I have returned. I see there really has not been much movement at all !!! ?

David

GKolia wrote:
    > Hello, Where did everybody go?
    > There has been no movement on this forum for a long time.
    > Are you all holding you breath for NV2 or are you all busy with
    > NV2.

WGray
    Participant

Anyone heard of anyone being notified by QW Page about the release of NV2?

September has two weeks left as of today (16).

If no one has yet been notified, it appears they will again miss their deadline.

Their web site specifically says they will notify registered users two weeks before release.

DEholnikof
    Participant

I believe, QW Page would love to have it released for Oct 1,
    But Ah, I do not think they will be ready for the end of this month. I do think that the end of the year will / could be possible.

Regards
    David

WGray wrote:
    > Anyone heard of anyone being notified by QW Page about the release of NV2? September has two weeks left as of today (16). If no one has yet been notified, it appears they will again miss their deadline.
    >
    > Their web site specifically says they will notify registered users two weeks before release.

DTupling
    Participant

An interesting year but still no NV2!

FSaldana
    Participant

I recall that for a year or two, there was prominantly turmpeted on the QWP Home Page the fact that purchasers of NV1 DOS, would be upgraded free to NV2 when it was released.

I notice now, that there is no longer any mention of that NV2 upgrade.

I wonder what significance this may have with relation to what we are all wondering about???

DEholnikof
    Participant

Hi

I would think that everybody who has recently purchased NV1 will get the NV2 – but how far back that will apply – is a question only QW Page can answer.

David

HMah
    Participant

I’ve been assured that QW Page has maintained a list of the registered users entitled to the free version of NV2 when it comes out. I don’t believe it was an automatic upgrade for all NV1 users, only those purchasers who received the coupon and registered the product.

Anyone who has visited their Web Home page recently would have noticed the New Look and the Release Date of Feb 215 of NV2.

Pricing of the new product is also listed for those interested in the Multiuser costs.

WGray
    Participant

NV2 is released today according to the QW Page web site.

I am going to wait a short time before I order but I would like to log onto the NV2 site to get an idea of the traffic.

Up to this point the NV2 site was open only to those testing.

Can anyone say if access to NV2 will be allowable?

Walt

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.