Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JMaher
    Participant

I understand 1.41 b will run under Vista if Vista 32 bit version is installed, eg Home Premium. ( I’ve been a NV1 user since ’86; my books are out of balance, and I am reluctant to upgrade to NV2)

A local computer seller advises that their experience is that a DOS application runninhg under Vista results in a small window display, not full screen, which I have now in XP Pro. Is there any workaround for this? I need portability.I’m looking at notbooks with duo processors, large 17″ screens, and am debating whether to stay with Xp or migrate to Vista. Thanks.

HMah
    Participant

First use BOOKBAL (pd1 or pd6) to identify your out of balance problem.

Secondly in Vista NV1 only run in a windows box. To increase the screen size adjust the Properties of the box (10×18) and in NV Shell go to OptionsScreen and use the 43/50 Line Display.

JMaher
    Participant

Thanks, H. I will atttempt the workarounds you suggest for the Vista window size issue, and report back BTW- where does one find BOOKBAL, its not in my Procedures directory. jjmjr@erols.com

HMah
    Participant

Order Productivity disk 6 from QW Page. They have 7 Prod disks available. They contain updatednew procedures, many are extremely useful. I’d suggest you order them all as a bundle. PD7 is the update for the new cheque format.

WGray
    Participant

Normally I run NV1, full-screen on a 24-inch monitor using Windows XP, 32 bit.

I have been “testing” NV1 with Windows Vista 32 bit and have achieved a little success in having it fill the screen on a 17-inch laptop.

I can fill the screen entirely from top to bottom (and then some). From left to right, the program comes within a half-inch on each side of completely filling the screen. I am assuming this would work proportionately on a larger screen.

I selected the NV1 Screen “Size” option on the NV Menu to 43/50 as HMah suggested.

I then shut NV1 down and opened the properties of the program icon.
    Under “Font,” I selected a “Size” of “36” and changed “Raster Fonts” to “Lucida Console.”

Because the 43/50 screen size puts some account lines below the bottom of the screen, one has to scroll down to pick up everything. However, Vista provides a sidebar for that purpose and that sidebar can be used with a mouse to scroll.

The next “Lucida Console” font option above 36 is 72. When selecting 72, it fills the screen entirely with NV1 but you can see only a small portion of the program. A size somewhere between 36 and 72 would probably fill the entire screen.

I have only been toying with this and do not know what all the negatives are. One is that the screen is not placed in the same position each time you open the program.

I do not have a printer and DOSPRN hooked up to the laptop so I do not know how printing would be affected,if at all. If you print to screen, the resulting printout is a smallbox.

I have toyed with trying DOSBOX, but have yet to do that. A few months back, I think Martin said he might give it a try but there does not seem to be anything posted. Maybe there are not that many Vista folks actually wanting a full screen?

WGray
    Participant

Sorry, scratch the above information as had already discovered and posted this approach to full screen with Vista in another thread.

My apologies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.