Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BMiller
    Participant

Hello all,

It appears I have my work cut out for me over the holiday to get the payroll update installed.

I was holding off on the 2.15 update, and now I see that we need to go to 2.16.1 to get payroll updates.

Can I go directly from 2.14 to 2.16? Are the tables for the conversion times still applicable if going this route? Just wondering how much time to set aside for a server and three work stations.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Regards
    John Miller

BMiller
    Participant

In case others are curious, I called tech support and went ahead with this.

After backing up the entire directory, I installed 2.16 overtop of 2.14.

I ran the server and then the workstation to update those, and then opened the books with the workstation. The books were 568 Meg in size, and after being the conversion, which took just under an hour, they are about 250 Meg in size.

I then updated the three workstations, and we’re back up and running in about an hour and a half.

I’ve not had any feedback from the users, and that’s always a good sign!

Painless. (Thanks to the programmers for that.)

John

BMiller
    Participant

This did end up being problematic. All 3 workstations hung at the same time. There was a dialogue box on the server that was waiting for an answer.

Seems there is a bug in 2.16.1, so I had to downgrade the server to 2.16.0 per tech support.

Question…why is 2.16.1 still available for downloading??

John

MSchappler

John,

It’s been replaced with the payroll update which is version 2.16.2. Download and and install it.

Regards to all,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.