Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RLauria
    Participant

I am looking at incorporating an accounts payable system in the ledger but the entry of invoices seems to be cumbersome. Even if only one item is on an invoice, a distribution must be used, adding to the time it takes to enter invoices. Also, it is desired to be able to print one cheque for several invoices from one vendor and I don’t see a way of doing that. It appears that one cheque can only print one invoice. The system seems to be more like how accounts receivable is often handled, by entering line by line for each product that is sold on the accounts receivable invoice. Is there some way that the accounts payable system can be modified to what is needed for our system?

MSchappler

By default, Accounts Payable invoices belong to the Purchase Invoice journal (PI) which requires requires a detailed items (distribution) to be entered. This is due to Inventory costing and taxes. If you wish to enter purchase invoices that are simple transactions you will need to pres F3 under the journal column and select a journal of type General which will allow for simple transactions.

In regards to recording vendor checks, you can block the vendor accounts from the list of Vendors under NewViews > Account > Accounts Payable and menu select Tools > Pay Account which will allow you to print one check per vendor with multiple open invoices. I suggest that you set the Confirm/edit prompt to Yes. This will allow you choose which invoice you wish to pay from a displayed table. Change the pay amount to zero if you do not wish to pay the invoice.

I hope this helps.

Regards to All,

Martin

RLauria
    Participant

Hello Martin:
    In attempting to print the cheques, after I mark a block of invoices on the list view of the vendors, I get, under a heading “Open Charges – [Vendor Name]”, the details for the first invoice of the block, including the pay amount, with zero remainder, but no cheque is either sent to the printer or displayed.

MSchappler

The last line of the open charges should show you the check amount which will Print/Display when you click the Post & Print Check button.

Pay account will display all open (unreconciled items) up to the check date. Is Pay Account performing the posting of the check and reconciling the invoices?

Let me know.

Regards to All,

Martin

RLauria
    Participant

Hello Martin:
    I see my problem. I listed my vendors first on a vendors report, which was not needed. Listing them directly as an account under Account > Accounts Payable did the trick. Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.