Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DVigliatore
    Participant

With some of our suppliers, we partially pay their invoices when they are over a certain dollar amount; we make a payment on account of the invoice.

Automatically a boomerang transaction is created to post the remaining balance in the A/P account. However, since I lock out my users from posting into previous months (typically after GST, PST, etc. are filed), they are also locked out when the try and pay a remaining balance on an account that was ‘partially paid’ 2 or 3 months ago.

To avoid this error message, I have increased their ‘edit date’ capabilities from only 1 month back to 3 months back.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

MSchappler

No. The bomerang transactions are placed for AP aging and need to be there. Adding extra edit date capabilities on AP accounts outside of the Users Edit begin and end dates would make auditing more complicated as would posting an entry to the vendor account for the outstanding balance and then reallocating the posting in the period in which the user can access.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

So there’s no way of paying the balance outstanding without giving somone a larger edit date time span? Instead of giving some 1 month, I would have to give them 3 months?

MSchappler

Sorry no.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

When paying multiple invoices, the system usually prints the cheque and voids cheques subsequent to it when needed.

Currently when we know we are paying suppliers with multiple invoices, we make the destination to display, so that the check stub is sent to excel; at which point the cheque and the stub is adjusted manually. As we’ve noticed that too many cheques are voided when we pay 30 or 40 invoices.

We also tried only ‘posting’ the payment of the multiple invoices instead of ‘posting and printing’; then we went to the bank payment journal and tried to print the cheque. Same result.

This only happens when we are paying more than 7 invoices on 1 check; and this happens several times a week.

Is there a more efficient way of doing this? Printing the check without the stub details and then printing the stub alone or separate form the physical cheque stub on a regular sheet of paper?

Thanks,

MSchappler

Adjust the template to include more invoices per stub and then save the template.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

I don’t think I will ever be able to fit 20-30 invoices on one stub without voiding cheques?

There’s no other way/report/print option?

MSchappler

You could take out the item slots for the stubs so it prints no details. You would get one cheque but no details of what invoice where paid.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

So I need to create another chq template to use?

If I do that then I also need to have a printout to give to my suppliers showing them which invoices and the amounts that were paid.

I’m sure there has to be a better solution out there; perhaps some other NV2 users have the same issue?

MSchappler

I’m sorry. it’s all the invoice details or none of the invoice details for now with Pay Account.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.