Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    HMah
    Participant

Bob tells me that only 10% of the NV Payroll users care about Accural Payroll.

Complaints are that its:
    – Hard to Setup
    – Complicated to Run

Maybe but the Advantages are GREAT:
    – Employee Hours and/or Salary can be distributed to any number of Departments.
    – If you have employees who periodically work for different departments you do not have to open or add new accounts codes.
    – Holiday pay is distributed to each department based on the percentage of earning for each department.
    – Especially good for Job Costing or Time Billing.
    – Employees can have up to 24 Earnings & Deductions (in any split, ie: 13 Earnings and up to 11 Deductions, etc).
    – Like everthing else in NV, it takes getting used to but once you’ve got it, it works great.

BHalpin
    Participant

Henry,

I’m interested in your advantages list – no mention of the actual reason we did Accrual Payroll – the accrual aspect. (Expenses posted to books in period they occurred, rather than the date of the pay cheque.)

I know many/most of your clients use Accrual Payroll. Is that entirely to take advantage of the distribution of expenses?

Bob

HMah
    Participant

Nice to know you did such a good job and knowingly (or not) created a program to cover almost evryone’s needs. The Time Billing is my reference to the accural input as you stated.

Yes my clients use it to allocate earnings to different departments (some only two, others for part time personnel who may work in any of 40 departments) and others for Job Costing (Slashing, Oil Company, Contracting Jobs, etc).

HMah
    Participant

Bob:

Having to run PRREPORT to print accural cheques can cause problems. I try to get my clients to always use ONE date, not a Period Beg and Period End.

I’ve had several clients who entered the incorrect dates and the cheque printed for more than one pay period. Usually they catch it, but in some cases they release the cheque and it’s cashed. Then they have to adjust the cheque entry to post the receivable.

Any chance of getting the PRTPAY modified (to print the distribution cheque only detail) which would print the cheque from the AW report after calculation?

Could use PRTCHK, however we would have to modify Earnings Summary and Holiday are before the deductions and would cause the number of lines to be excessive.

Post Edited (05-20-04 11:51)

GKolia
    Participant

Can somebody help. My template in the PRREPORT doubles my figures when I print. I use ~PRR02.TPL. The slots are I01 =?REG, I02 = ?BON etc.
    Email me the source code for tax table so that I could modify for RSA
    Thanks
    Goolam, South Africa

HMah
    Participant

Need you to be more specific. What is printing double?

If the Total Pay then probably you are entering a Beg & End date which overlaps two pay periods.

I always tell clients to just use the Same Date (the date of the pay run) rather than the Pay Period dates.

As for the source codes andor rate changes, I suggest you contact Bob Haplin at QW to see if he can help.

Post Edited (06-21-04 13:01)

MSchappler

Make sure print details/summary is set to summary.

Also check that the Account suffix and Regular earnings suffix that you have specified in PRREPORT are not located in the timecard/cheque distribution twice. For example, use REG as your Account suffix and regular earnings suffix.

Regards,

Martin

GKolia
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback
    I managed to trouble shoot, trace and eliminate, and after found that in my distribution I had the first line with a transaction and zero amount and the second line with a transaction and an amount, example R1000.00
    Both had the same prefix and suffix, example GHK.REG
    This caused the amount in PRReport to double to R2000
    The problem is solved when I move the zero amount transaction to the second line.

Goolam

HMah
    Participant

Interesting cause for an error. I’ll have to try and duplicate it.

Was the problem on the employee AW distribution account?

Any idea how the 1 line got a zero amount and the second line with the same acct code with an amount?

GKolia
    Participant

Henry
    I used the second line for info in description only and no amount e.g. Gross salary amount, date employed, marital status etc, so that it prints on the payslip
    Regards
    Goolam

HMah
    Participant

Goolam:

Have not been able to duplicate the problem. I’m not sure which Distribution area you refer to?

1. Are you calculating the cheques at an AW report? Where you setup AP accounts for the accural employees to calculate Timecards?
    2. What area do you mean “I used the 2nd line for info desc….”?
    3. What is the R1000, R2000? R=1000 to me refers to the employee account code setup using PAYCODE?

Thanks

Henry

GKolia
    Participant

Sorry Henry
    Its in a Journal and in a Distribution.
    ACCOUNT DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
    GHK.REG SAL=R1000;ST=01.04.04;M3 0.00 First line
    GHK.REG SALARY 1000.00 Second line

The amount in PRReport then duplicates to R2000

I minipulate the first line for info to print payslip with PRTCHKS
    I use the accrual payroll system
    ST=DATE STARTED AND M3=MARRIED WITH 3 KIDS

GHK.REG SALARY 1000.00 First line
    GHK.REG SAL=R1000;ST=01.04.04;M3 0.00 Second line
    This way the amount does not duplicate
    Hope this clarifies
    Goolam

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.