Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CWare
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m having some issues with trying to automate the “REPORT” procedure for my staff. Instead of having to manually fill out the report every time, I’d like to write a simple macro to automate the keystrokes needed to produce a standard report.

The trouble I’m running in to is as soon as tfue “REPORT” display screen pops up, the ~CR/~CL or even ^D ^S commands won’t register. Additionally, trying to call the “F4” and “F5” keys doesn’t seem to work either.

I’m not sure exactly how to remedy this, so was hoping someone who is a little more adept at NPL-speak could give a suggestion for how to get keystrokes to register in the REPORT display screens. Thanks -Cameron

MSchappler

Hello Cameron,

Sorry no. When a procedure is displayed you can ^D ^S ^E ^X etc which provides the movements but these characters are ignored when programming the display prompt.

An alternative would be to write a custom procedure that imports the data but this would have to be altered each time and for non programmers could be quite dangerous if something is altered that should not be.

Entering the dates in the prompt is the easiest.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.