Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NGraham
    Participant

I selected books and instead of cursoring to the one I wanted, I automatically hit de (doc expand). I hit escape and now all I get when I select books is a list of the drives in my computer a: c: etc. If I select c:, it cannot find a set of books.

I have successfully opened the books from a DOS prompt, but would like to get them back into the shell.

Also – I found the books listed under the Make Books command. Selecting one of them askes me for a new file name.

Appreciate your help yet again.

HMah
    Participant

At the c drive press / E, then arrow to the directory where nv is located and / E, arrow to your books and press Enter. NV will then save that location when next you press Enter at Books.

NGraham
    Participant

I did as you suggested. When I press Enter on NV, the error message reads “no books found at c:NV”

The books have “migrated” from Books to Make Books and present themselves as templates.

HMah
    Participant

Exactly where are your DATA files located? Normally a Sub-directory is created at NV. So the data files would be located at C:NV(name).

Using the Shell you find the NV then Expand and you will see (name) of the Sub-directory where the data is located.

If you have the DATA files in the NV directory than I’d suggest you create the Sub-dir and move the data into that area. You can do it from DOS or Windows Explorer.

NGraham
    Participant

For all the years I have been using NV, I have used enter at Books, and there before me was a list of all my subdirectories. I would arrow to the one I wanted, hit enter, and the selected book would open.

Now when I used enter at Books, I am faced with a list of my drives. If I select the c drive, it gives me a list of all the programs on the c drive, one of which is NV. If I arrow to NV and hit Enter, I get an error message: Cannot find books in c:NV

I know the books are there, but they are not in the Books shell.

If instead of Books, I select Make Books and /C (contract), all my books are listed, but they are listed as Templates! If I select one of the books, a window opens at the bottom: New Books Directory which wants the name of the new books. c:NV whatever. If I use the name of one of my original books, it says “no template files in c:NV whatever.

So – somehow – my books are no longer listed under Books but under Templates. I know they are still in c:NV because I have successfully opened them using DOS. However, I can’t use backup or restore or reorganize etc. That’s my problem.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

MSchappler

Hit enter on Books and press enter on the C drive which will show the directories off of the C drive,. Cursur to NV and then issue /E to Expand which will show you the sub directories of C:NV – you should see your different set of books, press enter on one of them.

If you have only one set of books press enter on the single dot directory (.)

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.