Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LChilds
    Participant

Good Day,
    Have been using the new Pd7 version of the PRTPAY procedure along with the subprocedures that go along with it. When a cheque is printed taking discounts the running balance being printed on the cheque stub is incorrect. The first line item on the cheque stub is incorrectly printing the wrong balance. It is taking the “Paid” amount and subtracting the “Discount” amount from the Paid amount and printing that amount in the running “Total” column on the stub. This of course throws the whole running balance of the cheque stub out and does not match with the actual cheque amount printed on the cheque.
    I ran across this problem a number of years ago but I do not remember how it was corrected. I believe the programming had to be changed in one of the procedures but I’m not sure. Any help with this would be apprectiated.
    Thanks
    Les

HMah
    Participant

If your old NV1 AP template worked correctly, modify the @DATE and @AMOUNT lines (add the @GUIDE) below the @OCRDATE). Parse and use this template. If you are nervous, Block and Save the existing template before making the modification.

MSchappler

There is a problem with that version of the library. This problem has been fixed in version 4 of the NV1PD7 library.

EMail support@qwpage.com with the above Subject including your NewViews serial number and I will provide you a link to download the lastest version of PD7.

Regards,

Martin

LChilds
    Participant

Hello Martin,
    Finally been able to get back to you. I downloaded and installed the new version of NV1PD7. The PRTPAY procedure did as you say correct the running balance on my cheque stubs when taking discounts. Thanks. However the procedure will not recognize the SIMPLETRANS command in the first notes line. It keeps on putting the word “payment” within the Supplier account ledger not the name of the supplier. Here is what I have in the first note line: @DISCONTAX=N @PYMTDESC=SUPPLIER @SIMPLETRANS=Y. Can you tell me why this setup is not working.
    Thanks
    Les

MSchappler

Change the first line of the notes procedure of PRTPAY to the following:

@DISCONTAX=N@SIMPLETRANS=Y

For users who want the word payment to appear in the suppliers ledger whilst having the Vendors name appear in the Bank account, enter the following on the first line:

@PYMTDESC=ACCTDESC

The above will be a distribution in the bank account.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.