Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JMackay
    Participant

I’ve been scouring the NV2 manuals and forum for an answer to my question but have come up empty.

Is there a way to compress entries on a set of books so that only the last 2 years appear, so that when you’re sitting on the Bank account you don’t have to scroll through years of entries? The only thing I can find in the manuals or forum deals with compression/decompression of entries when converting from NV1 to NV2.

MSchappler

There is no compression of transactions in NV2 buthere are two methods to you can use to solve your problem.

1. Click on the date column title column to reverse sort the transactions in the ledger. If the Date column has chevron pointing downwards (v) then transactioins are sorted in date order which shows the latest dates at the bottom of the ledger. If you click on theDate Column title again and the cheron is pointing upwards (^) then the latest transactions are at the top of the ledger. This easy to do and if you press the end pageup keys you will the most recent transactions each time you enter the ledger.

2. To hide transactions from a view, click on the ledger screen and select View > Sorted By > Select Index. Select Date as your Index (press F3 to select if .index/date does not appear in the value column for Index. Enter your desired begin and end dates and make the tags are set to financial. This will show you just the transactions for your date ranges. Note, this view is controlled by the blue table clicked on above.

I hope this helps.

Regards to all,

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.