Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RStebih
    Participant

Hello,

At some point last week my date on the computer got set into the future by a month or so. What I didn’t know was that I apparently did some accounting with this future date. After correcting the date on the computer, I now get the error message:

“Detected a conflict between audit trail dates and the system date of computer office.”

Any ideas on how I can get into my books again?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Rudy

MSchappler

There are three suggestions that I have:

1. Restore a backup of your books that does not have this problem. You should be rotating your backups. Do not overwrite your current data!

2. Do not use the books until the actual date (todays date or system date) catches up with this future date.

3 Upload your books for us to review and we will provide you an estimate of the cost to repair this problem. You can upload books to:

ftp://ftp.qwpage.com/pub/incoming

Also, send an email to support@qwpage.com indicating that the books have arrived (the filename) and quote this forum entry.

In NV2, the audit trail can answer the who, what, when, and where questions related to created, changed, and deleted transactions. The system date of the machine is used to record the audit entry. If a user where to maliciously alter transactions that have occured and decided to alter the system date of the current machine being used to the past, they will not succeed because of the system date being prior to the current audit trail date. This is a security feature of NV2 which is very useful in a multiuser environment and of course auditing.

It is very important to verify that the current system date and time is correct on your system.

Regards,

Martin

RStebih
    Participant

Thanks Martin for your response.

I have found a 4th way that better suites my needs until I catch up with that future date.

Rudy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.