Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #11780

    A friend of mine that uses New Views cannot get into her books anymore. It’s comes up as the books being corrupt and unrecoverable.

    This happened to her a year or so ago and somehow I was able to recover her books but cannot remember how I did it. If I recall, it took me hours to figure it out.

    Is there a simple solution to this problem?

    I’ve already tried to restore the books to a new set of books but the same message is coming up.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    **I still love NV1 and have no way of receiving any training for NV2. Do I have anything to worry about as far as updates and the like?** I have about 20 clients currently on NV1.


    Run Check Books to see if Regoranization is necessary. If the NV1 books can be reorganized then back them up and run Reorganize Books.

    If the books cannot be reorganized automatically or there is an error during Reorganize Books then the data will have to be uploaded for Data Recovery. There is a fee for this service.

    Regards to All,



    Thank you, Martin


    I once had a similar corruption problem with NV1 and perhaps this might help. Maybe someone else has another recommendation.

    I cannot recall the circumstances but the corruption became apparent only when I performed a certain operation and the books then became unusable.

    I suppose we all have our back up strategies and some might say this is overkill but for the past twenty years or so, I have backed up NV in entirety each day to DVD (in the “old days” it was to CD and tape) and sometimes more than once. At the end of the month, I back up to DVD, a USB hard drive, and a flash drive. Except for the flash drive, the backups go back two years.

    Of course, if data is corrupted, the corruption is also backed up.

    However, I also export and add each day’s journal entries into two separate files, one a yearly file and one a current month file. This is done automatically with a procedure each time I exit.

    When I discovered the corruption problem at the end of the month, I restored the previous day back up but found I had the same corruption. I went back one week, two weeks, etc., with the same problem.

    I finally restored a backup from the middle of the previous month that proved good. I then went to my exported journal file and imported the needed journal entries to bring the books up to date.

    As near as I can recall, the only thing I needed to do manually was to add any new accounts created since that last good backup and redo any reconciliations since that time.

    NV1, forever.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.