Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MWagner
    Participant

Why can we not have our own version of default set-up? We spend a lot of time re-organizing each set of books and the items (categories) within. eg: Purchase Journals and Sales Journals and then we have to complete this process for every person (employee) who has access to the books.

We know, it would save a lot of time if we could create our own default set-up that we could re-use instead of the original

MSchappler

Copy the workstation database folder from one machine to another machine. The folder within C:/NV2/WORKSTATION/ contains the users windowing system for a particular set of books. For example:

If user GREEN has been given access to the books in K:NV2MYBOOKS on one machine and the default setup has been completed with the windows setup in the books the way user GREEN wishes, you can then copy the workstation folder from C:/NV2/WORKSTATION from the current machine to the target users machine and have that user access C:/NV2/WORKSTATION on their machine. The same workstation table will appear on the target users machine and when the user enters the books, the books windowing system will appear as it it did on the first machine.

You can also paste the workstation folder to a different location on the target users machine and have NV2 access that particular workstation by altering the target path in the icon properties of the NV2 Workstation icon. Let’s says you had copied the WORKSTATION folder above to the target user machine but pasted the workstation folder in C:/GREEN/WORKSTATION, in the icon properties of the NV2 workstation icon, change the target under shortcut to this:

C:nv2nv20.exe -directory c:/green/workstation

See the NewViews 2.05 manual in regards to The Workstation > Running More than one workstation.

Regards,

Martin

MWagner
    Participant

We already do that with the workstations. What I was referring to was the initial settings for each new person for whom I add access to the books. I have to go in the first time and reset everything for their access to match our format. (After that we copy the workstation to their individual workstations.) I would prefer to be able to create a modified default setup to avoid having to adjust the initial setup once we have granted an employee access to the books.

Any suggestions

MSchappler

Not at the moment. A script could be written that would accomplish this task when information about scripting in NV2 becomes available (the documentation is still being written). Documentation about scripting in NV2 may become available in early 2006.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.