Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GDewar
    Participant

Is there a charge for the download?
    I have already paid for my update but the disk I received is blank.

HMah
    Participant

No, just go to QWPage web site, NV for Dos, Payroll, Download and you can get the update.

GDewar
    Participant

Okay I’ve downloaded it. How do I go about uncompressing it? Do I do this in NV or before entering NV?
    Why did my disk have to be the one without info. As I said before I have no one here who knows anything at all about the program?

HMah
    Participant

See your other post.

MSchappler

See the information on our web page at http://www.qwpage.com > NewViews fro DOS > Payroll > Download Update. It explains how to download, save (to disk or your NewViews program directory), and install the update.

Regards,

Martin

GKolia
    Participant

Dear Martin
    I am using PRREPORT and one of the templates for a payslip. The year to date figure on the template slot is giving me for the calendar year (e.g. Jan 2006 to Dec 2006) instead of fiscal year (e.g.Mar 2006 to Feb 2007) as per Odds & Ends. Could you tell me where the problem is. This is on NV1. Very urgent please
    Regards
    Goolam Kolia
    South Africa

HMah
    Participant

What is in the YTD slot on your template? The YTD slots are Y01, Y02, etc and should record the earnings or deduction extension, ie: Y18 =?MISC

MSchappler

Dear Goolam,

The year to date totals in PRREPORT are supposed to give the calendar year to date totals. Since the South African payroll year is between March 1 to February 28 you will need to adjust PRREPORT’s YTD mechanism to suit your needs.

What version of USA payroll do you have installed in your books? Run the procedure SUPPORT in your books and quote the Payroll Library version.

Regards,

Martin

GKolia
    Participant

Dear Martin
    The Payroll Library version is NV1PRUS2 version 3

Let me know how to change the PRREPORT’s YTD mechanism to suit my needs.

If need be also send me the updated procedure library

Many thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated

Regards
    Goolam

MSchappler

Dear Goolam,

That’s a pretty old US Accrual & Cash library. I’ll look into it and see what can be done.

Regards,

Martin

GKolia
    Participant

Dear Martin

I understand you must be very busy.
    Just a reminder, any idea when I can expect a reply to the above procedure library adjustment “PRReport”
    It’s rather urgent please, because I am giving payslips with the incorrect YTD.
    I’m trying to get it done before the next payrun on the 25 Feb 2007
    Thanks
    Regards
    Goolam

MSchappler

Dear Goolam,

Sorry for the delay. I was promissed that a fix would be forth coming and my current information is Monday Jan Feb 26, 2007.

To get the correct YTD numbers, run PRREPORT in a summary with the dates of
    (1) March 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006. Do the same for
    (2) January 1 to February 28, 2007.

I suggest that you copy your current template by doing /BI to file name and then create a new template with the description ~PRREPORT and then expand into the notes view and cursor down and then /Block Import the file name you had export to. Save all of the details from @ENDPAGE down to @ENDTABLE. and delete the lines above. Insert some blank lines awith the following in it:

“@PF””@ADDR1

“”Y01”

PARSE the template and use it to get your balances for (1) and (2) above. I would set the file name in your print options to a name that doesn’t exist and then run PRREPORT twice. Each has a different file name.

Open a spreadsheet on your system and import both files and then merge the numbers for both spreadsheets to one and use the sp[preadsheet to sum the totals.
    Use delimited and use as a delimited other character along with Tabs. This will separate the data into differnet coloumns.

Note, you can get more information in the above template by adding more slot names.

Sorry for the delay and I’ll post the programmers fix for the YTD totals here on February 26, 2007.

Regards,

Martin

GKolia
    Participant

Dear Martin
    Thanks for this, I have tried it, but it still does not solve my problem, I could use this idea or yours for some other needs.

I’ll wait for the programmers fix.

I hope NV2 is also being corrected if it has the same limitation.

Regards
    Goolam

MSchappler

Goolam,

An updated USA Payroll library has been created which works any yearly reporting period. Not sure as the status of it’s release. I;ll let you know when it is available.

I’ve added your request in regards to NV2.

Regards,

Martin

GKolia
    Participant

Hi Martin
    Any news on the availability of the USA Payroll library which was created for NV1
    Regards
    Goolam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.