Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

I just installed Excel 2016 and NewViews gives the error:

Could not start Microsoft Excel. Program not installed?

MSchappler

You have installed the cloud version of Excel which may appear to be installed on your machine. Check the installation directory and if it appears to be installed on a virtual drive then you need to contact Microsoft to get a full installation for your machine.

If the installation appears to be installed on your local physical hard drive then the installation of Excel did not install the required COM/NET objects on your system. NV2 requires these objects to be installed in order to print.

You will need to contact Microsoft to install the COM/NET objects on your system.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

There should be nothing like this.

I don’t understand why I am the one who has to make all the effort and research to get your program working properly.

You have to provide more information about how to resolve the issue.

You are the only software I have ever used that relies on an independent third party to print its reports.

DJobin
    Participant

I need more information.

What is COM/NET.

I have searched those terms, with no luck.

Is is .NET?

DJobin
    Participant

I just called your support line.

They told me I cannot use Office365 because it is not installed on the computer and needs internet access all the time to run.

As a test, I disabled my internet connection and I ran Excel with not problem. I cannot access my files on OneDrive, but I can access files on my computer.

So, the question remains: Why is it not possible to use it with NewViews?

In the near future, many NewViews users will be using Office365.

DJobin
    Participant

I have finally installed Excel 2003 to make it work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.