Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HMah
    Participant

Under “Adding a Purchase Made By Check (Cheque) to the Bank”, there is no explaination on how to Print the cheque after entering the transaction.

I have several clients who enter hundreds of cheques directly at the bank each month. These are for travel, advances, one-time vendor, and Social Assistance cheques. They would want to continue in the same manner and print the cheques directly after entering.

MSchappler

Henry,

Print the checks from the bank payments journal (BP) or the journal you had chosen to post the payments to.

Regards,

Martin

HMah
    Participant

Martin:

Thanks, but we have the same problem as with the AP cheques. When I made as a negative amount in the journal and printed the cheque. Then I noticed there was a minus sign on the cheque amount. I reversed the entry. So the print cheque from the Bank Payments journal will print a Negative cheque, when it should not.

I reversed the entry, and it printed correctly.

MSchappler

Henry,

I’m not sure if this is a feature or a problem. Obviously the Debit to the vendor should be a positive, making a negative would increase your bank and vendor account amounts.

I suggest you window select on the payment details window and choose Bank Ledger to see the effect of your manual transactions.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.