Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MWinger
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to take data (such as Mastercard transactions downloaded from the web) and import them into NV in order to save rekeying the date, payee, and amount. How exactly can I do this? (Step by step if possible.) I know I need to save the download as a CSV file, I changed the date column format to a General column and then from (for example) 28/12/2013 to 28122013, I added a column for Ref, I thought I would put a column for cross account for now that just goes to Misc and then repost once I get it into NV. Do I need a file header or something like that? I would like to get the CSV file to the point where I go to an account called MC in NV and then /BI.

Thank you,

MSchappler

This is a situation where you need to edit the CSV file.

My suggestions are:

Save the CSV file and open it using windows notepad and compare it with /block eXport entry from your books (MC account target account) and note the differences to import using /Block Import.

Another alternative is run the procedure EXPTRANS on a transaction from the MC account and file compare the CSV file with the file created with EXPTRANS and match the file syntax to use with the procedure IMPORT.

I hope this helps.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.