Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MDejesus
    Participant

Dear Sir:

Although we bought the NV2 about one year ago, it is only now that we are starting to install and use it. We have initial problems that bar us from proceeding with the setting-up of accounting records utilizing NV2. I think the main reason behind our problems is our total unfamiliarity with the software.

Can you please guide and assist us in solving the following problems:
    1. How do we set up the beginning balances of the various accounts in the general ledger?
    2. We can not input a simple journal entry where there is only one debit and one credit. The system does not allow us to enter the specific account that we want to debit or credit as there is a fixed choice of the accounts to be used. We are limited to the indicated choices. I suspect that the choices given by the computer are those accounts that are already entered (inadvertently or accidentally and without our conscious knowledge) as valid accounts in the general ledger. How do we enter new accounts?
    3.How do we enter compound journal entries into the journal register and general ledger? Where in the Manual are the detailed instructions on compound journal entry?
    4. On the purchase register, does the column labeled “Item” really mean “Account”? Again, when we want to enter an account name, we are limited to the choices indicated by the computer.

As we are very new in this NV2 software, please expect more request for help in the future.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Manny de Jesus

MSchappler

Manny,

Please check your email of December 20, 2006. I have answered all of your questions in that email.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.