Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CKoss
    Participant

I have not been able to get this feature to successfully work as mentioned in the manual. I receive this error:

.text {Could not commit /OBJECT/NEWVIEWS/SYSTEM/TRANSACTION/GENERAL/1285623642_16769/1286227706_19865.}
    /12862285533 {
    .text {.posting/credit.account must be set when .posting/credit.amount has been set to -2500.0}
    .help_id 271820050404141550
    .transaction_path /JOURNAL/GENERAL/DOSIMPORT/JOURNAL_ACCOUNTS/JE/2010Jan31/1286227706_19865
    .journal_path /JOURNAL/GENERAL/DOSIMPORT/JOURNAL_ACCOUNTS/JE
    }

I would much prefer to use the NV1 style in that it is less of a change for my assistant. If anybody has had any success with this, let me know, thank you.

KLyn
    Participant

Hello,
    What that error message states is that there is no credit account set. And as you know every transaction must have a debit and credit. When using the NV1 style transactions NewViews automatically inputs JOURNAL_BAL as the credit account. Sometimes these defaults are cleared. To restore this back to the default setting delete the current transaction that is causing the error and run a default setup on your journal.

The default setup can be accomplished by right clicking on the blue title bar, where it should say something in this manner (/JOURNAL/GENERAL/GENERAL – NV1 Style Transcations). After right clicking on the blue bar a menu will pop up, hit the + on window and select default setup.

After performing the default setup return to the NV1 Style transactions and try to create a transaction, hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Thanks

CKoss
    Participant

I’m afraid it did not work.

*edit*
    Apparently, the NV1 style transactions do not work on the imported Journal Entries. I was able to use the NV1 style transaction feature on the default journal entry report.

TY for the reply!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi,
    Imported transactions??…

Just curious are you adjusting an imported transaction or using the import transaction journal to do your NV1 style.

Thanks

CKoss
    Participant

Yes and yes.

I just purchased NV2 and converted a set of books to learn the ropes. So all the JE’s were imported from NV1 and I was hoping to continue using the import journal for continuity. Learned that you can’t use the NV1 style on the Imported from NV1 journal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi again,
    Okay, I just created a NV1 style transaction on my DOS Default journal and it works fine. Just to clarify, what I’m doing exactly:

1) Inserting a new line as the transaction header, I key in the date and comment and expand into the details.
    2) In the details I enter two transactions, a credit of 100 dollars and a debit of a 100 dollars.

I did not get any error messages, also in my opinion I think it’s better to keep the old DOS history separate from the current NewViews 2 transactions. I tend to use either Default journal or General journal. But, that is my personal preference; how you go about doing your data entry is completely your choice.

Thanks

CKoss
    Participant

It is strange, if I attempt to do it in any journal that has transactions in it, it doesn’t work. I created a fully brand new General Journal, NV1 transactons work just fine.

I like continuity so I was hoping to use the same Journals as before. If I need to create a new General Journal for every set of books, then so be it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.