Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AMedina
    Participant

I am a one-man band, but do a lot of my accounting on the road – especially on planes. Since I would not be networked and would be using ONLY ONE computer at a time (copying the files back and forth as I did with NV1), do I need to register AGAIN for the laptop? They are not ‘work stations’ per se. Most software companies allow you to have one version on a laptop since the user is the same.

am

MSchappler

Yes. You will have to register you laptop NV2 installation. You are allowed to register your NV2 serial number on a desktop/office machine and a laptop computer.

Once the laptop is registered, copy the NV2 books folder and the workstation from one computer to another.

Regards,

Martin

AMedina
    Participant

Thank you Martin. That’s good news.BUT – how do I ‘register’ the laptop? I have been using NV2 on my laptop as a Read-only to practice on the road. Do I now un-install that version? How?

And I’m having a whole other problem. Since I’ve been using NV1 for current accounting, and since I have updated now NVExport to 72 and the new NV2 Release, when I try to go through the whole Export/Import business again, nothing changes. NV2 is still importing and reading an April version of my books!

There are 2 NV1_NV2 files – one in the NV folder, one in the NV2 folder. Can I simply erase both these files and start again? Should I also just delete the April NV2 set of books?

How can I begin again so NV Export? Import? isn’t just re-doing old books.

And, finally, when I tried to do the whole thing with new NV2 release on my laptop (still intending at that time to practice with read-only), it came up “error” – some Control File was missing. That didn’t happen when I first exported/imported.

Thanks

MSchappler

You do not need to uninstall anything. Click on your windows start button > All programs or Programs > NewViews 2.0 > Register. When the registration screen appears, call our support line at 905-946-9460 and state to the support representative that you would like to register NV2 on yur laptop machine.

Check the paths that you are exporting to in NVEXPORT and ensure that it is the same path you are importing from when you run the NV1 Import program. I believe your paths are different.

I need to know the exact error message that you are receiving before I can answer your last question.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.