Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NGraham
    Participant

Somehow I have lost the templates so that I cannot create a new set of books. The message reads “templates not found”. Either I’m doing it wrong, or that part of the program has been deleted.

I have version 1.4 and 1.4.1 – really old stuff – but I love it. Is there a way to restore the template part of the program without having to chance re-installing all of 1.4.1 over what I have in the computer.

Thanks for the advice

MSchappler

Cursor to make books and press enter. Press the forward slash (/) and then C to contract. You are looking for a directory called TPL which is located in your NewViews program directory (usually C:NV).

Use / C to contract (out of) a directory and / E to expand (into). You goal is to expand into C:nvtpl to choose an available template.

Regards,

Martin

NGraham
    Participant

I did as you suggested. At the bottom of the screen (after selecting TPL) I have “New Books Directory” c:nv. I hit enter and the message reads: No template files found in c:nvtpl

Next suggestion please? If the tpl files are missing, can I copy them from the floppy disk to my hard drive?

NGraham
    Participant

Martin –

I decided to be brave, got out the floppy disks, got out the manuals, and did a “partial install” of the templates as outlined in the book.

Hooray! I have templates again.

Maybe just knowing you are there gave me the courage.

Thanks
    Nancy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.