Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WGray
    Participant

Will NV1 work under the new Vista operating system?

MSchappler

No NV1 will not work on Windows Vista. Microsoft has stopped supporting 16 bit DOS applications.

Regards,

Martin

DOuellette
    Participant

Martin:

If I work Windows Vista and then NV2 what will happen for many changes to older NV1?

Thanks

MSchappler

NV2 will run on Windows Vista. The data in the NV2 books that came from NV1 will not be affected. NV1 will not run on Windows Vista. The NV1 application will be stopped.

Regards,

Martin

MSchappler

An update ………

When you purchase the boxed Windows Vista you have the choice of installing the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version.

The 32 bit version still support 16 bit applications.

Some good news for NV1 users.

Regards,

Martin

HMah
    Participant

Vista Update:

I’m told that the 32bit version of Vista is installed on most new computers.

I just bought a new computer for a client with Vista Home Premium installed. Loaded NV1 onto the computer and NV1 works fine.

HMah
    Participant

Win Vista, at least the Home Premium version, still has the Command Prompt which takes you the DOS PROMPT.

From there the dos commands I tried worked fine. I created a directory, a batch file and had the file execute the commands entered.

Seem MS has not given up on us old timers yet.

EDestounis
    Participant

I’m running Vista (32-bit) and NV1 works without a problem but will not run on 64-bit versions.

MSchappler

Yes. The 64 bit versions of Vista and XP will not run NV1.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.