Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JLeotta
    Participant

Hello,

I add multiple users and i am only prompted for the password the first time I go in and subsequently I am not asked. I am running just a workstation and wont be able to check this in client server mode until Wednesday when I am at my client.

Another problem is that if I grant rights to an individual for Bank Deposit Journal and they enter a transaction against an account no error is reported upon exit but when they reenter the books there is a posting error and the user is unable to exit newviews without going to the workstation and closing the session.

If I then go in as administrator the amounts are in the transaction but no account information is retained.

JLeotta
    Participant

More problems:

If user has access to bank deposits and sales accounts tries to modify the pick root using the define columns they are given an error and Newviews crashes.

I then went in as administrator and redefined the pick root for column (bank) and then go in as user with access to bank deposits the column labeled “bank” is no longer labled “bank” but is now “name”. If i go in as admin again all is fine.

Seems that there needs to be a rollback on the state of the system when access violations occur and better handling of exceptions.

MSchappler

I’ve tried to reproduce the problems you have mentioned using 2.08.10 and cannot except for the user with access to bank deposits and sales accounts who tries to change the pick root. The F11 (setup columns) should not be an option for this user and I have forwarded the bug results to the programmers to address.

Regards,

Martin

JLeotta
    Participant

Hello Martin,

I am using .10 also dont know why you cannot reproduce problems. As for the f11 issue shouldnt the user with limited access be able to set their pick root or at least have an administrator do it. There could be a all user profile stored on the server created by admin.

Thanks,
    Jim

MSchappler

Hello Jim,

Rename the workstation folder on the users machine and go back into the newly created workstation. Perhaps the workstation your user is using is damaged.

The administrator can choose what the user can see and cannot see (or a user with administrator rights).

Regards,

Martin

JLeotta
    Participant

Hello Martin,

I tried what you suggested and still have a problem with pick root for a user. I go in as administrator and set the pick root for Expenses in the Purchase Invoice Journal and when I then go in as a user with access to Purchase Journals and Expense Accounts I get the full account listing. The user does not have rights to the full account listing.

MSchappler

The users Access Tos granted by the Administrator allow the user to view the Accounts, Journals, and Reports by going to them directly or by using the F9 (Journal/Ledger switch) key.

The pick root is currently set by the user (not the administrator) which is leading to the confusion and the encountered bug when changing the pick root when you enter the books as that user. All the accounts do appear when you press F3 to pick an account which does let you post to the account but if it is an account that the user does not have access to (Access Tos table set by the administrator) you can not view the cross account (F9) as access is denied.

In 2.09, there will be some extra options for the user on the user Access Tos table for the pick root which can only be set by the administrator (or a user with administrator rights) and a Preferences table (perhaps under File > Preferences) where the user can change items about ones self that are logical and do not breach security. I have the programmers looking at this.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.