Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TBruce
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have NV2 running on a server. Sometimes the program is extremely slow! I noticed that there are 6 errors logged for the index record integrity. Do you know if this would have anything to do with the slow prerformance?

Is there anything else I try to do to increase performance of NV2? Thanks for any help you can provide.

MSchappler

When you mention index record integrity are you refering to NV2?

If you have run nvcheck and have encountered index record integrity errors then you should nvreorganize the application database.

To test the speed of your network, try copying a large file from one machine to the server and back again and monitor the time results. If a network is busy performing other tasks the file copy/paste of the large file can be slow.

Go the qwpage home page and check out the programs available under the Breaking News section:

How to make NewViews 2 run faster. – HD Performance & External USB Drive

Review HD performance.

How many processes do you have running when you review your windows task manager?

Regards to all,

Martin

TBruce
    Participant

We are running NV2 only.

The only processes now are NV2 and a few windows based services. Our IS team stripped out most other srvices.

We have had numerous tests done on the network and that is not an issue.

Will the nvreorganize make the app run faster?

MSchappler

Nvreorganize will repair damage to an application database if damage exists. If you have never run nvreorganize and are encountering bug errors while running NV2 then run NVreorganize and repair the application database.

The nvreorganize program will not make your server run faster.

Regards to all,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.