Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

How do I setup the Pay withholdings for my Quebec Payroll.

MSchappler

Information on how to Pay Payroll Withholdings can be found in the NewViews 2.0 manual under Payroll > Canada Payroll > Using Payroll > Remitting Withholdings.

A layout of a typical Payroll Withholdings report can be found in the Demobooks by viewing demo_canada.nv2 either from your NV2 workstation or by clicking on Demobooks from the NewViews 2.0 menu.

You could set one up manually from the example under Reports > Payroll > Withholdings or you can block all from the Account > Setup and then Block Copy and save it to a unique settings name and then copy the layout to the windows clipboard. In your application database, create a report with the same name from Report > Folder Management. Click on the Report, and from the blue account setup screen issue Block Paste and then Load from Clipboard. Paste the contents to your new withholdings report and alter appropriately.

Regards,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

I guess I did not express myself clearly.

I already have a Payroll setup in Ontario.

The Quebec payroll was added recently. And I have created all the needed accounts. And the payrun works fine.

But when I issue Tools > Pay withholdings I can only get to record properly the Federal part of the payroll.

The Pay withholdings settings does not have the proper accounts (line 8 to 17)

It has EI, CPP/QPP and Tax.

But for the Quebec Payroll I would need

QPP
    PPIP
    FSS
    Tax

MSchappler

Block Copy the EI accounts in your Payroll Withholdings report and save the copy for a block paste which will create the missing accounts you want.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

All my accounts are created.

It is the command under “Tools > Pay Withholdings” that does not recognize the fact that I have some other accounts to remit from.

If you want I can send Print Screens to show what I mean.

MSchappler

Navigate to your Withholdings report where the remitted accounts exist and press F3 under the folder column and select General and press enter which will set the account to /GENERAL. I suspect you have your remitted accounts set to /TOTAL which cannot be posted to from Pay Withholdings.

Regards to all,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

All remitted accounts are set to /GENERAL

I have made my payment to the government and I have recorded the transaction manually. It would have been impossible if the accounts had been set to TOTAL.

MSchappler

Save your settings under Tools > Pay Withholdings by clicking the new button and save your current settings as Federal Witholdings. Once saved, alter the Withheld and remitted account names to include your Quebec Withholdings and then again save the settings and Save them as Quebec Withholdings.

You can use the arrow button to switch between Federal Withholdings and Quebec Withholdings to recall your saved settings.

Regards to all,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

I have done that already, but there are 2 problems:

1) It is true I can use for example lines 8 to 11 to remit the PPIP, but the desription remains for EI and cannot be changed

2) I cannot add a new deduction for the FSS

MSchappler

Interesting …

The descriptions seem to be hard-coded in both the Confim Remittance window and when performing the final entry to the details of the remittance for the descriptions.

I’ll look into adding another class for your FSS.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

Will the possibility of editing the description into the “Confim Remittance window and when performing the final entry to the details of the remittance for the descriptions” be added soon?

Also I would need to have a new category for the HSF Employer contribution.

MSchappler

I’ll make another request to address this issue.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

Just wondering if this Quebec payroll problem will be considered soon.

Thank you

Denis Jobin

MSchappler

I’ll make another request for this. I’m thinking that this will be added in 2.18.0 which should be out in a few months.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.