Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BHeim
    Participant

Controlled tips are taxable by the government but do not attract vacation pay.

How can I set this up so that it doesn’t add the vacation pay onto the amount?

I tried putting the tip payout line underneath the vacation pay income line which works for that part but it’s still taking more under the vacation pay withheld line.

Thank you!
    Becky

HMah
    Participant

Place the account below the Vacation account. Holiday is calculated by the the total of the income accounts above it.

BHeim
    Participant

Thank you…I have done that which does control vacation pay from being paid out as income but it is still “withholding” it in the deductions part of the payroll.

HMah
    Participant

Use E=Y

BHeim
    Participant

I did add the code that you suggested and it did take care of the “vac pay withheld” problem.

However, it did create another problem as it stopped CPP & EI from being deducted from the tip amount.

HMah
    Participant

May not have understood, maybe you want to add tips take the deductions then deduct the tips (sort of an in and out)

If so, set up two accounts like accrued holiday.

The first acct is to enter the tips using ~T=I: M=Tips: for input the amount and as a D item or invome acct

The second acct setup the same way using ~T=I: M=Tips deducted, as a C item, to deduct the same tips after deductions are taken off.

See if that works?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.