Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DVigliatore
    Participant

Has anyone found a quick and easy method of running/calculating PST payable for own use? We already have a PST % rate based on our manufactered cost.

In our previous accounting system (not NV1) it would automatically calculate it for.

Currently, I have setup 3 sales sub-journals, one being for ‘Supply Only’ sales and the other being for ‘Supply and Install’ sales. The 3rd journal is the generic sales journal. It is in the 3rd journal where the sales invoices are originally entered, as the only way NV2 sequentially increments the sales invoice #s is through this one sub-journal; the 3 journals are not able to ‘talk’ to one another as far as invoice numbering. Any ideas here?

At the end of the month, I have to phisically go in and move each invoice to their respective journals…after which I can block one months invoices for ‘Supply and Install’ sales…and then I can export it into an excell spreadsheet…which then allows me to calculate the PST on own consumption….which I then have to do a manual journal entry.

Even more time is consumed when I have to move the invoice to another sub-journal and the amount has already been paid and reconciled….it has to be unreconciled, moved, and re-reconciled…too time consuming.

Overall, this process is very time cosuming…in fact it seems to be too long when I compare it to how quick I can run GST, Source Deductions, and many other government remittance/filing reports.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

MSchappler

Each journal has it’s reference number field under the root Sales Journal > Sub Journals in which you can select your next reference number.

Each journal has its own window select Trade Information where you can specify the PST rate and the account to post the PST amount to.

Could you not add a Consumption Sales Journal and add the invoices there? Are these duplicate invoices? If they are, use a TAG on the Consumption Journal to retrieve the consumptioninformation require.

I do not understand why you need to move invoices and calculate PST manually.

Need more information. You can email me at support@qwpage.com.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

We had already thought of that…the only reason that will not work is that all my invoices, whether they are supply only or supply and install, must follow the same numbering sequence. It’s not pratical to have 2 different numbering systems.

Maybe we should chat about this one.

thanks,

DVigliatore
    Participant

So I guess this will be fixed in version 2.09.

Will we have the option of setting the increment from either the root reference journal or the sub journal? Or only the root refernce journal. (as this may help in this case but may not help in other cases)

MSchappler

You will be able to the reference number from the root journal which will set the same number for the sub journals. You can then remove the reference numbers for the sub journals which will respect the root journal. This way you can have both (root journal or sub journal reference numbers).

Sorry for the delay in releasing 2.09.

Regards,

Martin

DVigliatore
    Participant

Any updates on this matter? It’s been several months now???

Thanks,

DVigliatore
    Participant

Has anyone else encountered this issue? How is PST generally dealt with? I am curious to some other approaches/solutions to the matter.

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DVigliatore
    Participant

Just wondering how soon this could be implemented into 2.09. Also, any idea on how other users tackle this issue; as it seems really time consuming on our end???

I know the original request was put in 1 year ago.

Please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help.

MSchappler

I’m trying to get this implemented in a service pack to 2.09.

I haven’t forgotten about this and your other requests.

Regards,

Martin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.