Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

I am trying to setup a Quebec Payroll. I get all the deductions to work properly:

EI
    QPP
    Federal Tax
    Quebec Tax

But the account for the PPIP does not work.

The preview window shows:

Salary – YTD = 500.00

> 500.00 — 500.00
    Assurance-emploi

> -6.95 — 493.05
    Regime des rentes du Quebec

> -21.42 — 471.63
    RQAP

> 0.00 — 471.63
    Impot federal

> -33.49 — 438.14
    Impot du Quebec

> -37.63 — 400.51
    Net Pay

Total Net Pay

Under Pay Codes for the account I have the settings

Type – Provincial Parental Insurance Plan

Under Rate I have even tried placing the actual amount, but it still does not work.

In the settings I have entered the Employer PPIP Expense and Accrued Accounts

MSchappler

Check Employee > List and then click the Deductions button Quebec. Do you have Exempt from PPIP set to Yes? Set it to No.

Also, make sure the Deductions > Provincial shows Province of Employment as PQ.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

Exempt from PPIP is set to no

Province of employment says PQ

I tried to look at every codes possible and I cannot see anything wrong anywhere.

Is there a sample payroll available where I could try to compare the various settings?

MSchappler

The next update to NV2 will include a sample Quebec employee.

You can me a screen shot of your employee By slecting Employee > Deductions Quebec (set the screen to stretch width wide so I can see all columns) and then on the window below select Accounts > Setup and click on the PPIP account showing the Paycode window below. Save the screen shot in Word or Paint and attach it to an email to support@qwpage.com

You can also upload the a copy of the application database to ftp://ftp.qwpage.com/pub/incoming

Regards to All.

Martin

MSchappler

Is the PPIP account set to active in the account setup?

Just wondering ….

Martin

MSchappler

For all users in Quebec, the problem was solved by setting the Subject to PPIP (line 16) in the Pay Code window for the Salary/Earnings account to Yes. By default it is set to Yes but in this case it was blank.

FYI to All

Martin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.