Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PSaikaley
    Participant

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all.
    I am having trouble with access to my server.

At the office I have a server configured with NV2 which connects to a Linksys Router, then connects to a SMC router gateway with a static IP. The server has port forwarded to 7890 in the connection table.

Then at the remote location a workstation setup on a laptop with the first line in the server field filled with the server name and a second entry with the static IP address. But to no avail, when I try to open each instance, I get Socket timed out. Have I set this up in reverse?

Also, from the server location when I log in as guest user on the same machine, I can open the workstation, then switch users and notice connection to server at IP address 192.168.nnn.mmm. Why does this work and remote access access

Thanks Perry

KLyn
    Participant

Hi,
    You must port forward port 7890 to your router. The instructions vary depending on the router model you are using. But generally you must access your router. This can be done by typing 192.168.1.1 as an address in your internet explorer. You will then be prompted for a user name and password. Fill in your user name and password respectively. Afterward you should have an option for port forwarding. For more information on how to port forward for you router use a search engine and search for “how to port forward for your router model”. Usually they give a much more detailed explanation than to the one I am giving.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.