Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JMacNeil
    Participant

There still seems to be a problem with account histories, we have had to reorganize 3 sets of books in the last few days to correct history problems. This was supposed to be fixed with the most recent 16.3 version. Is there any type of patch available, this is causing many headaches, as we are forced to verify previous work before we start entering new data. Can anybody help

MSchappler

If there is a problem with the account history you do not need to perform a full nvreorganize. You can use Database Utilities > Reorganize > Account History.

Can you explain how you are able to damage the account history in 2.16.3. If I can duplicate I will make sure it is fixed in the next update to NV2. Send me an email in regards to this to support@qwpage.com.

Regards to All,

Martin

JMacNeil
    Participant

Martin,
    We cannot explain this problem as we were unaware until a client brought it to our attention that they had a problem with their GL not balancing. Once we reviewed the books, we could see that this must have been one of the “rare” case mentioned in the problem bug fixes for Version2.16 service pack 3. The proof shows the books have a variance, when in fact there is no variance. We immediately reorganized the account history and this corrected the problem. However, in the last two weeks, we have encountered the same problem on 4 sets of books we maintain. Our concern is that in every instance we did not know that we had a problem, and that we may have this trouble on other books- since we manage a multitude of books, this can be a major issue. How should we proceed? I assume that the” fix” in 16.3 has not worked in our case, is there another on the way?
    Any help would be appreciated.

MSchappler

I understand your concerns. I need to know how to break the account history in service pack three of 2.16 to prevent it from happening again.

I will attempt to break the account history on my own and provide a fix when I fully understand how to break the account history in 2.16.3. If you have any insight in how to accomplish this, it would be much appreciated.

Regards to All,

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.