Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DGlezos
    Participant

Is there any way to round cents to dollars? I can’t find any reference in the manual other than a text that says: dollars are rounded to cents! I would have thought that we should have the ability to round to dollars, hundreds, thousands etc.

Secondly, the options that are given in the latest 2.03 build for % are provided in the analysis view. Will we be getting anything like the daily resolution template structure of NV1 which permitted rapid editing of dates & columns?

MSchappler

Click on a field (cell) on the column you wish to change and press F11. A Setup Columns window appears. Click on the Format Value and press F3 to see your available choices. Click on your choice and then click on the window you had pressed F11 on to see the change. Try Integer as your format type. This is in the manual under Commands and Shortcut Keys > Keyboard Commands or the Windows Tool bar Help > Keyboard.

In the Custom Analysis view on reports, you can add columns by right mouse clicking View > Analysis > New Columns > add the columns you want and then press F11 and work from the Setup Columns window and work through this table to change your dates for each column.

Regards,

Martin

Post Edited (07-28-05 17:47)

DGlezos
    Participant

Martin;
    I was able with “integer” to round to whole dollars. However the report is printing the numbers with a comma preceeding all numbers i.e.
    ,960 ,175 etc. These commas do not appear on the screen but in the printed report. How do you get rid of them (for numbers under 1,000)?
    Thanks..Dennis

MSchappler

Denis,

Check your Excel windows tool bar Tools > Options. One of your options has been set to place a comma on numbers > 1000.

Regards,

Martin

DGlezos
    Participant

The only place the comma is printing in Excel is on the NV2 reports. My regional settings have replaced the comma with a space in Custom/numerical. So for all my other Excel schs, 100,000 prints as 100 000.

I cannot find a setting in Tools/option that allows me to modify the comma setting you describe above. I am using Office 2000. I still have this prob.

Dennis

KLyn
    Participant

Hi Dennis,

I’m using Office 2000 as well and what I see on the screen is what prints. I’m having a real hard time trying to duplicate your problem. I’m starting to wonder if the width of the column is cutting off part of the digits. Can you try widening the columns to see if its missing some numbers?

Kirk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.