Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BHeim
    Participant

I’ve tried editing the template for the dot-matrix and have never been successful in being able to print out the T4’s instead of having to write them.

This year is no different…I’ve just spent the last two hours trying to get it to line up properly with no luck. I’ve edited and parsed other types of templates but have no sucess with this.

Can anyone offer any advice on this problem?

Thanks,
    Becky

BHalpin
    Participant

First, I have to assume you are attempting to feed the T4 ‘flat’ sheets through the dot-matrix printer. I say this because, to my knowledge, the tractor-feed multi-part T4 forms for use in dot-matrix printers are no longer available. Assuming this is correct, I have my doubts you will succeed unless your printer has a cut-sheet feeder.

But …

In general, the T4 template does not usually require any modification – assuming you are printing at 10 characters per inch (horizontally) and 6 lines per inch vertically. If you are not sure what print size you are getting, get out a ruler and measure the printing from your printer. If it’s not the numbers just mentioned, then you will likely need to fix this before any template modifications will bear fruit. The line-spacing is the most important – anything other than 6 lines per inch and you are in a world of hurt.

Next, my advice is to work with the T4PRINT settings “Forms per page”, which should be 2, and gap between forms. The latter will take some experimenting with – it is the distance (in lines) between the bottom of the 1st T4 and the top of the 2nd – and experimenting with this setting is necessary to get the proper vertical alignment of the two forms. Also, the setting “Laser Printer”, if set to “Yes”, will cause a form-feed after every 2nd form (assuming forms per page is set to 2, which it should be.) If you have a cut-sheet feeder, then probably this should be set to “Yes”.

If you are hand-feeding the forms, then you will probably only be able to print the T4s in batches of two. That means block two employees at a time if the “Copies per employee” is set to 1, or block a single employee if the “Copies per employee” is set to 2.

That’s the best I can suggest – I have never done this, nor heard of it being done successfully. But, that’s not to say it can’t be done.

Good luck.

Bob

HMah
    Participant

It does work, but is a painfully slow process. I’ve found that rather than using the T4D03 template you use the T4L03 template. Also select printer HP10T4 and specify “Yes” to Laser printer. Then it will print 2 T4’s for the employee per page.

You may have to modify the template and find the correct starting point (placement of the T4 in the printer), but it will print ok.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.