Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AGiglio
    Participant

I just entered a bank deposit in the bank account without a date. The entry was accepted.

I am in the books as Administrator. The “transaction edit begin date” is set to 01/01/06.

Why did I not get a warning?

Art.

Randy Walton
    Participant

Hi Art,

You did not get a warning because NV2 treats a blank date as a future date not as date zero or the oldest date like NV1 did. Therefore if you sort by date order in NV2 you will see the blank date after the latest transaction. Because a blank date is future it will always stay out there which can be useful for quoting and/or postdated entries. I have found it actually works well and never messes up an old year end or previous period like it used to.

HMah
    Participant

Randy:

Does that mean it does not appear as revenue or expenses in any of the reports? I assume its posted to the accounts, but would be ignored by the reports?

MSchappler

It would depend on the tag associated with the journal that the transaction was posted to. It may have the tag financial, other some other user defined tag.

Regards,

Martin

HMah
    Participant

Matrin:

Explain Tag? Is there any Tag which will cause the amount to appear on the statement? When would it appear (what would the date setting have to be?). Since NV2 does not allow books to be out of balance, if the numbers do not appear it must be ignoring the entries.

Another question, does the audit trail record the date of these entries? Or more interesting what if someone deletes a date. Does the audit trail record the date of deletion and original date so it can be re-entered.

DParfett
    Participant

Hi Henry,
    Think of Tags as a way of partitioning your data. The best example of this is Financial vs Order. When you create a report, one of the items that you have control over is the Tag. Take for example a sales report. You could setup a custom analysis view where column one is set to tag financial and column 2 is set to tag order. In that way, you can see the value of actual sales and future orders.

In NV2, you create accounts and place them on reports either by creating the account under one of the nine account types and then assigning the account to a report or by accing the account directly to a report. What numbers that account displays on the report is governed by the tag and date settings of that report.

On to the audit trail.
    The audit trail records everything. So yes, I can tell you whena change or deletion occured, who did it, what they did, what macine they did it from and what the transaction looked like before it changed or was deleted.

Randy Walton
    Participant

Hi,

A transaction without a date will not show up on a report that has an end date set because it is a future date (this is normally the case – to have an end date set). It will show up on a report without an end date set and the proper tag(s) set or no tags set.

HMah
    Participant

Thanks Randy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.