Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DJobin
    Participant

I think it has been mentioned before, but I cannot find any recent references about this subject.

It would be nice to have a unique ID number for each transaction. The number would be generated by the program. I am sure there is possibly one already, hidden from users. If we could have access to it, as long as the number is humanly manageable. If not, it could be another numbering system.

The current Ref # is not suitable as it is, since we can leave it blank or enter any text we want. If the number could be created automatically by the system it would be good. It might also be good to keep the Ref # as is, but add a new field which would be ReadOnly and could be displayed and used as a reference.

MSchappler

The script you are seeking is called transaction_all_columns_shallow.qw_script which will display a unique transaction ID column. This script will run from the NewViews Root Journal.

See the online NewViews Manual under Appendices > Appendix D – Advanced Topics > Scripts as well as Optional Audit Views for more information.

When this script is performed, a Transaction ID column is displayed which cannot be edited. I suggest that you perform this script in the Demo Books provided with NewViews to view the results.

Regards to All,

Martin

DJobin
    Participant

I looked at the script. Unfortunately this is not what I was expecting. Maybe in the future there will be something closer to what I expect.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.