Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GSullivan
    Participant

How do you get an @ charactor to print on a form? When I try to put my email address, vivace@speakeasy.net, on a template and then parse it I get the error “invalid slot @speakeasy.

Anybody gotten this to work for them?

Thank-you
    Geneva

HMah
    Participant

You could put your e-mail address on the “Company” procedure, say line ADDR8 and only use that line in the Template (if you are using pre-printed letterhead).

HMah
    Participant

Sorry that’s the CADDR6 line YOU NEED TO ADD TO THE TEMPLATE, not ADDR8.

BHalpin
    Participant

I’m betting if I look for this in the documentation I’ll have a hard time findint it, so …

You can place any ‘odd’ character you like on a template using the @chr() statement. For example, to get the ‘@’ needed in an e-mail address you would do this:

Run the ASCII procedure to find the ASCII # of the @ character (64)

Put the following on the template:

vivace@chr(64)speakeasy.net

Parse the template

@chr() can also be used to place a sequence of characters on a template, such as a printer instruction sequence. To do this you separate the character numbers with a comma. eg: @chr(10,20,30). This would send characters 10, 20, and 30 to the printer. You can use this to do things like turn bold on or off, etc. But you have to find the correct sequence for your particular printer, which is pretty easy since there are really only two command sets: Epson & Hewlett Packard.

While we’re at it, there’s another couple of commands that can be placed on tempates:

@prn(HP10P) Start using the HP10P printer

@prc(MYPROC) Call the procedure MYPROC

Hope this all helps.

Bob

BHalpin
    Participant

Geneva e-mailed me privately saying the above did not work for her (got an error trying to PARSE the template.)

I’ve double-checked and tested it and found no problem. Has anybody else used this and/or had a problem?

Bob

DEholnikof
    Participant

Perhaps ask Geneva to email – show the template code here?
    As we all know – even a misplaced Quote, Comma – etc will pop an error message :~)

Me

BHalpin wrote:

> Geneva e-mailed me privately saying the above did not work for
    > her (got an error trying to PARSE the template.)
    >
    > I’ve double-checked and tested it and found no problem. Has
    > anybody else used this and/or had a problem?
    >
    > Bob

HMah
    Participant

Did she try the @CDDR6

? It works and is a simple method to get the e-mail address on a template.

BHalpin
    Participant

Yes, she tried @CADDR6 and that worked.

BHalpin
    Participant

Problem solved.

She e-mailed me a cut/paste of the text she used and there was a space between the @chr and (64)

Bob

HMah
    Participant

I always try to find and use a simple solution. When that does not work I call Bob and usually he has a simplier or the technical solution.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.