Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WMcQueen
    Participant

Martin, after setting up the payroll accounts today, I’m finding that the “Vacation Pay Accrual” debit amount is totalling to the “TotalEarnings” account. Should this not be posted to an expense account rather than the total earnings account because the CRA deductions are not calculating on these amounts and this would than inflate the gross earnings on the monthly remittance report?

We originally set it up the remittances to calculate after receiving their vacation pay, then changed it to post each pay period, but I now they are not posting the CRA deduction until received.

I’m assuming if it is to go to the expense account, I will then add a new total on both the PR Report and IS?

Thanks, Wendy

MSchappler

The Debit vacation expense should be totaling to the Gross earnings and a expense account which I believe was the same account you were totaling the other earnings. The vacation expense is calculating deductions and is reporting it’s amount in Box 14 whereas the Vacation Pay Paid is not reporting on Box 14.

If you have any further questions, you can email me a screen display of the employee setup to support@qwpage.com.

Regards to all,

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.